Propose an emerging technology
In today’s ever-changing world of technology, organizations must compete with each other to offer better products and services. Organizations look for new technologies to run their companies more efficiently and gain market share. Emerging technologies are innovations that are new or cutting-edge or considered ground-breaking and sometimes perceived to “disrupt” the way businesses operate.
For this assessment you will read the attached case study, which presents the existing technology and needs of a fictional organization. You will propose an emerging technology solution that will benefit the organization in the case study. You will need to discuss the impacts of this technology within the context of the organization.
The main things they are looking for are as follows:
- State the problem
- Define an emerging technology
- Describe how the proposed technology will solve the problem
- Select a specific product that uses the emerging technology
- Analyze the solution (pros and cons, for example, affordable = pro, less secure = con). Compare with two other similar products.
- Implement the solution (account for the amount of time from start to finish, training plan, and how to mitigate downtime. They are looking for the word “downtime” somewhere in this paper; it will be returned as incomplete without it. Will your solution back up files in the background during working hours? Will back up occur during non-business hours? How many days will it take? How will the staff be trained to use the new solution, etc.)
- Success measurement/metrics (this is the tricky one, how will the company know if the implementation was successful, a dashboard measuring uptime, an increased revenue percentage, higher SLA completion rate.. be specific)