Attend an event in the community (a Board of Directors meeting for a non-profit, a community event to raise awareness about a need, a fundraiser, CSB Board Meeting). Given COVID this can be a virtual event (and in fact reflects how many current events are conducted).You should interact in a professional manner as you gather information and make observations.
Observe others during the meeting/event and take notes as appropriate.
Generally your observations should include:
• What is the issue/need of focus?
• What is the purpose of the event? Informative? Fundraising? Address a community need?
the location of the event? Easy access for all? Format? Incentives?
• Use your knowledge about groups; what do you notice about group process, dynamics, do you notice particular group member roles?
• Who seems to have the power is it shared? Is there a clear leader…is it by title only…does someone else actually lead?
• How do people interact.
• Who is in attendance?
• Is there structure to the event? (Roberts rules of conduct, chaos, minimal structure)
• Other observations