Sales determine your profitability and whether or not you’ll stay in business. Sales are also your estimate of how much you’ll have available to spend. Most products and services will require “softer” estimates. The sales forecast will also help you assess your capacity needed (and help you chose adequate space, etc.).
Review the example provided with this assignment. This is just an example and is very specific to the assumptions for this business (Spirit Spa). Your projections should reflect your business and your assumptions and may look completely different than the example provided.
Make sure you use formulas and do not use a calculator to do this assignment. The whole point of using Excel is to have it do the work for you and allows you to easily change assumptions which will change all other related calculations on your sales projections. Also, your instructor can tell whether your calculations are correct just by looking at the formula, thereby eliminating the need to recalculate all of your numbers.
1) Prepare your sales projections for three to five years in Excel. Before submitting your Excel spreadsheet for grading make sure you:
• Check to see that you are not missing any formulas.
• Format each cell with numbers to round up to the nearest dollar
• Format all cells properly – $, %, column width, etc.
• Format page layout properly for orientation, footers, gridlines, etc.
• Format to print – should not be more than two pages, one is more likely.
2) Save your Excel spreadsheet in .xls format and use the following naming convention:
CourseID_U#_Your Last Name_Your First Name_Sales Projections
e.g. MGS 3013_U6_Smith_John_Sales Projections
3) When you are ready to upload your assignment, click on the title of the assignment and attach your spreadsheet. You may leave comments in the Submission text if you have anything you wish to discuss with your instructor about your assignment.
4) You are allowed two attempts on this assignment. Your instructor will provide you with comments on your sales projections and you may submit another attempt if needed.
- Financial Plan (Sales Projections)
a. key assumptions (Calculation required excel sheet table)
b. revenue by month (Calculation required excel sheet table)
c. expenses by month (Calculation required excel sheet table)
d. net profile (or loss) by year (Calculation required excel sheet table)
a. use of funds
b. sources of funds
a. Project cash flow (Calculation required excel sheet table)
b. Project Profit and loss (Calculation required excel sheet table)
c. Project Balance Sheet (Calculation required excel sheet table)