Respond to the questions raised in Fadel’s article:
“To what purpose is civility going to be used? Is it going to be more inclusive? Is it going to mean that you’re bringing more people’s voices into the political debates, or are you using civility as a way to go back to the old hierarchies and the status quo since the founding of the American republic?” (qtd. in Fadel).
- Compose a thesis that takes a clear stance and addresses the essential question: Is Civility a Tool to Build Trust or a Weapon to Silence?
- Support your argument in the body paragraphs.
• Reference Fadel’s article
• Include a case study in civility that supports your argument (you may use Ronson’s article, or you may choose another example)
• Incorporate two additional sources from the module to support your argument
• Incorporate at least ONE additional source (CCBC Library Database or another credible site)