Locate a print advertisement for a consumer business or product that is not nationally recognized. (Note: the advertisement can be a social media print advertisement, but the product or business cannot be known nationally, meaning it cannot be purchased in all parts of the nation, just in the local area.)
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Describe the chosen advertisement, content on the advertisement, text, pictures, length of advertisement; explain where you located the advertisement, why you selected the advertisement, what caught your eye, and anything else that describes the advertisement.
- Analyze the underlying assumptions that the authors of the ad seem to make about the consumers that this advertisement targets. Determine how the ad is using these perceived assumptions to evoke a consumer response.
- Determine at least one (1) consumer group that the ad excludes, and provide a rationale for why the ad would not appeal to the group(s) that you have identified.
- Evaluate this advertisement and its relationship with cultural values (i.e., determine if the ad is designed to emphasize a set of values or if it is designed to change a cultural value in society).
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.