– Title of assignment : (Leaning an Operational Delivery Process).
– Word limit : 1500 word.
– Include title page and content page.
– Type of write : Times New Roman (TNR), size 12, 1.5 line spacing.
– The assignment will be presented in report format.
– Knowledge and Understanding
1. Recognise the role of Operations Management in contributing to the realisation of organisational objectives in a competitive global environment.
2. Utilise a range of tools and techniques in order to aid decision-making in complex and unpredictable contexts across a range of business sectors.
– Transferable/Key Skills and other Attributes
7. Plan and manage time effectively by organising their own work, monitoring their own progress and meeting targets.
8. Apply problem solving skills in specific areas of Operations Management.
9. Undertake advanced information searching from a range of sources.
10. Effectively communicate information, arguments and analysis in a variety of forms to specialist and non-specialist audiences using a range of media.
– Must cite all sources on which you have relied, for example textbooks, journal articles, web pages etc. using the Harvard Bibliographic referencing system.
– In this assignment describe and analyse an operation (service or manufacturing based) with which you are familiar, for example: a shop, restaurant, transport system, doctor’s surgery are possible examples.
– Assignment Background:-
Operations Management (OM) is an important aspect of business (Slack et al, 2010; Greasely, 2013; Patton et al, 2011). Both service and manufacturing organisations use OM to ensure they are competitive and assist in providing and maintaining good levels of customer service (Johnson et al, 2012). Developing an Operational Delivery Process (ODP) of an organisations working can be advantageous both for both the customer and organisation (Bamford and Forrester, 2010). Subsequently, once an ODP has been developed and understood it should be possible to determine why it works well, or not well, and to recommend possible production related improvements that will assist both parties concerned.
– Bamford, D R and Forrester, P L (2010). Essential guide to Operations Management: concepts and case notes. John Wiley.
– Greasley A (2013). Operations Management, Third Edition, John Wiley.
– Johnston R; Clark, G and Schulver, M (2012) Service Operations Management: Improving Service Delivery, Fourth Edition, Pearson.
– Slack N, Chambers S and Johnston R (2010). Operations Management, Sixth Edition. Financial Times/Prentice Hall.
– Assignment should address the following questions: –
1. How the inventories and assets of the organisation currently are managed? Give brief reasoning on why this might be good, bad, both or indifferent.
2. Clearly identify the Operational Delivery Process for your organisation/case in the form of a detailed illustration.
3. From the illustration, in point two indicate where the organisation’s delivery system may fail to align between its performance objectives and clearly demonstrating your understanding behind this reasoning.
4. Discuss how a lean approach could be utilised by your organisation/case in an attempt to improve alignment of its performance objectives discussed in point 3. Again, clearly demonstrating your understanding behind this reasoning.
5. Draw two key conclusions from your work discussing the extent to which your organisation/case could achieve alignment between its performance objectives and potentially improve the overall ODP.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂