museum report on Iznik tiles. Freer & Sackler Gallery, Washington DC.
you must write a report on the above object making sure to only use the readings I suggest.
1) 4. Carefully examine the object. Please take your time, as your personal reflections will be part of your report.
In your report, pay attention to the following criteria:
1. Where is the object?
2. Who is the author or maker? If known, who created the object?
3. Where was it written or created? What is its provenance? Where is it currently held?
4. Who is the patron? For whom was the object prepared?
5. What is the significance of the object for the history of West Asia?
6. What do we learn about the specific context in which the object was created after studying the object?
link to object: http://www.asia.si.edu/collections/edan/object.cfm?q=fsg_F1966.12 and http://www.asia.si.edu/collections/edan/object.cfm?q=fsg_F2001.15
YOU MUST ONYL read the following reading materials
J. Henderson and J. Raby, “The Technology of Fifteenth Century Turkish Tiles: An Interim Statement on the Origins of the Iznik Industry,” World Archaeology 21 (1989),
pp. 115-132. JSTOR
Gülru Necipoglu, “From International Timurid to Ottoman: A Change of Taste in Sixteenth-Century Ceramic Tiles,” Muqarnas Vol. 7 (1990), pp. 136-170. JSTOR
Arthur Lane, “The Ottoman Pottery of Isnik,” Ars Orientalis 2(1957): 247-281. JSTOR
remember opinion and personal reflection is key
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂