Write three to four paragraphs about the culture or setting of a story you have read in this unit. Use a conversational tone such as you would find in a travel guide.
• Reread the story and focus on details about the culture or setting.
• Learn more about the culture or setting of the story by doing research. Gather information from at least three electronic sources.
• For your search terms, use specific cultural or local details that you find in the story, as well as the name of the culture or setting. For example, if the setting is the Iditarod dogsled race in Alaska, search for “Iditarod” or “dogsled race” rather than just “Alaska.”
• Integrate information from your research smoothly to create a clear and cohesive text that readers will appreciate.
• Paraphrase, summarize, or quote content from your sources.
• At the end of your assignment, include a list of the URLs of the websites from which you gathered information.