Write a compare-and-contrast essay comparing Ovid’s myth “Pyramus and Thisbe” with the play “Pyramus and Thisbe” enacted in Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act V, Scene 1. Examine and discuss the similarities and differences between the two versions. Your goal is to explain how Shakespeare transformed the original source. Remember:
• Include an introduction with a thesis statement, a body with supporting evidence, and a conclusion.
• Use textual evidence from both texts to support your points.
• Use transitions to link sections, paragraphs, sentences, ideas, and details.
• Use formal language and an objective tone.
• Use block structure and use it consistently.