A new governor has come into office and was told you were the best out there on homeland security and
emergency management. This governor is a novice in this area and badly needs to get up to speed quickly. He
or she has asked you to provide a detailed briefing to him or her and the executive staff / cabinet heads. Your
assignment is to brief the governor and staff on all things they need to know right away regarding homeland
security and emergency management. Be sure to cover applicable homeland security and presidential
directives, the NRF, NIMS, and ICS. Cover applicable Acts such as the Stafford Act etc. Also, be sure to
explain and show the linkage / relationship between local, state, and federal involvement. You want to make
sure the governor and staff are ready for any emergency that occurs.
The student will summarize his or her findings in an audio/visual PPT presentation. The student will use
PowerPoint to build their narrated presentation and convert it into a Windows Media Video WMV (Converting
PPT to WMV), to present and record his or her critique.
Items to include are outlined as follows:
• The presentation be at least ten minutes long and should last no more than 30 minutes maximum.
• A minimum of ten narrated content slides are required.
• Standard APA Formatting will be used
• The student will at the minimum use the same headings as required in the written analysis.
• References will be included on the last slide.
• Student will include Biblical integration