For your Signature Assignment, present your proposal for a prevention or promotion program that could be implemented in your selected community. The proposal should include the following:
• Identify the problem or issue facing a community, along with the specific population your proposal is addressing.
• Provide a comprehensive background of the history of the program. Think of not only academic research but your findings on reputable social media sites and from your observations in your community.
• Explain how a sense of community might prevent this problem or promote a solution. Refer to your Week 4 assignment.
• Explain the role of diversity in this issue and provide specific examples. Refer to your Week 4 assignment. Think of ways to engage your intended audience. Think through any biases you may have that might interfere with your ability to remain objective in approaching your community. It is important that community members perceive you as open to their ideas, so they will be equally open to considering issues as objectively as possible.
• Describe the program you are proposing to be implemented.
• Incorporate the four-step evaluation model you examined in Week 7. Also be sure to incorporate the empowerment evaluation principles you addressed previously.
• Explain how the relevant approaches to community and social change that would support the proposed program’s success are applied. Provide specific examples.
Support your proposal with at least seven peer-reviewed articles published in the past 5 years. You may use articles that you have referenced previously during this course. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including seminal articles, may be included.