- Read/watch the Unit Introduction.
- Complete the assigned readings and watch any assigned videos. Be sure to carefully read ” Rising to the Challenge: The Commonwealth Fund Scorecard on Local Health System Performance”.
- Select the case study that you will analyze. Complete your case study analysis and write-up. Note: The case study deliverables are different from what we did in unit 4, which introduces you to another way to analyze a case. Follow the instructions and outline for writing up a case study. 600 WORD COUNT
Case Study articles: choose one
- M. Hostetter, S. Klein, and D. McCarthy. (2017). Health Care Improvement in Pueblo, Colorado: Building on Common Ground, The Commonwealth Fund. Retrieved from: http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/case-studies/2017/sep/pueblo-colorado-health-care
- M. Hostetter, S. Klein, and D. McCarthy. (2017) Health Care Improvement in Akron, Ohio: Moving from Collaboration to Coordination, The Commonwealth Fund. Retrieved from: http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/case-studies/2017/aug/akron-ohio-health-care
- M. Hostetter, S. Klein, and D. McCarthy. (2017). Health Care Improvement in Stockton, California: Collaboration, Capacity-Building, and Medicaid Expansion, The Commonwealth Fund. Retrieved from: http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/case-studies/2017/jul/stockton-california-health-care
- S. Klein, M. Hostetter, and D. McCarthy. (2017). How Western Kentucky Leveraged Medicaid Expansion to Increase Access to Health Care, The Commonwealth Fund. Retrieved from: http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/case-studies/2017/jul/kentucky-health-care
Readings / Audio Visual Recordings
- Davis, K. et al. A 2020 Vision of Patient-Centered Primary Care, The Commonwealth Fund. J GEN INTERN MED 2005; 20:953–957. Click here.
- Bokhour, B. G., Fix, G. M., Mueller, N. M., Barker, A. M., Lavela, S. L., Hill, J. N., … Lukas, C. V. (2018). How can healthcare organizations implement patient-centered care? Examining a large-scale cultural transformation. BMC Health Services Research, 18, 168. http://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-018-2949-5
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Care Coordination. Retrieved from: https://www.ahrq.gov/professionals/prevention-chronic-care/improve/coordination/index.html (there are many good resources at this website)
4.. National Quality Forum Care Coordination Measures