By examining the various research, including your text, the web, how is marketing perceived in both business and the general population? In your answer, give examples of what marketing is currently believed to be and its importance to business and society. Describe one successful or unsuccessful marketing practice, evaluating why it is or is not successful..
Should a firm change its positioning depending on the market? What are the potential advantages and disadvantages of doing this?
Write a position statement for yourself to convince your favorite company to hire you.
Read the Chapter Case Study “McDonald- A Global Giant” from Chapter 8 “Global Marketing” Page: – 257 given in your textbook – “Marketing” (7th Edition) by Dhruv. Grewal and Michael. Levy (2020) and answer the following Questions:
Which sociocultural factors have informed McDonald’s global expansion? Explain.
Describe some of the global distribution strategies that McDonald’s uses or might consider using to spread through-out the world.
Explain McDonald’s global marketing strategy. Compare McDonald’s strategy in the U.S. (http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/home.html)to McDonald’s strategy in KSA (https://www.mcdonalds.com/sa/en-sa/riyadh/full-menu.html/)
TASK: Write a case study on segmentation, targeting and positioning for a service outlet of your choice (Bank, Hospital, Hospitality, etc.) in UAE.
Your report should include:
• A brief introduction to the company and its products
• A theoretical literature review on the following concepts – segmentation, targeting and positioning
• A detailed description of variables used by the service outlet of your choice to segment the market – please support your answer with examples.
• An evaluation of the attractiveness of the target segment using Porters five-force model.
• POP and POD’s for your chosen service.
• Draw a perceptual map that will help you analyse the market position of your chosen service outlet.
• Conclusion and recommendation
Select a Fortune 500 international company in the service industry. Using your selected company as the basis for your research, prepare a paper that will:
Describe the main line of business of the company.
Name four of the countries in which the company operates.
Explain in detail the implementation of the 4Ps marketing mix concept by the company.
Describe any differences observed in the implementation of this concept, from one country to another.
Instructions to candidates
You are asked as part of your course assessment to respond to the question below.
Using the case study attached explain how Starbucks
a. Define its markets
b. determine value
c. deliver value
d. monitor value
Attached: Starbucks case study
Notes on marketing strategy (use this to help you with your marketing planning concepts)
First:words a-what does marketing mean? b-discuss in details the five marketing management orientations and explain which one you believe is mostly used by today’s organizations.
Second: words a- describe what is meant by customer relationship management b- what are the different relationship levels companies can build with customers? c- in respect to customer relationship management concept and referring to the case (will be provided), explain what did Kellogg focus on in order to retain and gain its customers’ loyalty.
Third: words a- Explain how did Kellogg managed to balance its marketing mix strategy. How did it manage each of the marketing mix components? It should begin by explaining the marketing mix component and then apply it to the case b- discuss how Kellogg succeeded in differentiating and positioning its products for maximum competitive advantage in the marketplace c- Identity any of Kellogg ‘s competitor and discuss the differences in marketing strategies in both
Question 3. If a marketing research firm has decided to photograph people within the lobby of a movie theater over a two- to three-day period, what qualitative measure approach will most likely be used to accomplish this task?
Question 4. A marketing manager would like to ask a few simple questions of his or her company’s target market (a population). If the manager would like to ensure that every member of that population has an equal chance of being chosen for questioning, the manager would need to select which sampling method?
Successful marketing involves providing superior value to customers through the creation of a value proposition that matches their values. Using appropriate marketing concepts/models, investigate the perceived customer value of a company of your choice addressing the following areas:
1. Using suitable models identify the customer perceived value for the customers for a company of your choice
2. Compare and contrast your chosen organisation’s value proposition with that of its leading direct competitor. Benchmark the 2 value proposition against an illustrative proposition for the chosen sector
3. In light of your analysis of your existing value proposition and what you have learnt in this module produce a new value proposition that will match the value criteria of the customers.
4. Produce a plan to implement the value proposition externally and internally