Skip to content
- Describe the role of public health in a community.
- List five core public health functions and essential services. Include three related to disease investigation and prevention.
- Define the terms outbreak, epidemic, endemic and pandemic. Give actual examples of each.
- What is a case definition?
- Describe public health disease reporting requirements.
- What are five mandated reportable disease in the state that you live in?
- How would you contact the public health department in your county?
- How many cases of Covid-19 are there in your county? How many deaths? How does this compare to the U.S. total cases and deaths?
- List three reasons why Covid-19 is spreading so rapidly?
inic, the information about cross linking surgery is imparted to the patient in the clinic through a discussion with the clinician or distributing information leaflet about the surgery and management or a combination of both. Sometimes the information leaflet provided is ignored by the patient or do not understand the information. It might be because of poor communication, stress, limited time, limited education, anxiety, perceptive abilities. The patient comes for surgery with anxiety or fear of possible loss of vision or visual impairment which can affect their self-esteem. Stress could affect patient’s cooperation intraoperatively, by increasing the risk of complication in uncooperative, stress or fearful patients. It is important to improve pre-operative patient education. According to my experience generally, the information provided to patients in the clinic does not help to enhance their understanding of the crosslinking surgery. I experienced that when patient comes for cross-linking surgery they forget or misunderstand the information about the surgery which was provided to them at the clinic appointment. Even though at clinic, the clinicians provide leaflets and explain to the patient about surgery, still most of the time they fail to retain the information maybe because of a wide gap in time between the day of surgery and the clinic appointment (referred clinic), moreover, the patients attend surgery directly without any preassessment. As a result, there are cancellation or patient don’t attend the surgery or the patient has anxiety prior to surgery. Hence, the preoperative education maybe the right time to re-educate patient about the various stages, procedures and results of surgery. The lack of patient engagement, poor understanding of surgery and the poor communication before surgery may also lead to non-adherence of regimes post-operatively care. The appropriate and clear information, empathic, two-way communication and regard for patients’ concerns gives patients the ability to make informed decisions and thus, have more control over their care. The purpose of this study is to analyse factors which can
PLACE AN ORDER NOW