Week 2 IP
As the company prepares to meet demand and capacity requirements for its planned future growth, you have been asked to review the current forecasting strategy and help
implement a new strategic plan for forecasting demand. The new forecasting plan ties directly to the overall strategic planning methodology established by the company.
The company historically has used a time series method. The forecasting methods under consideration are the following:
• Qualitative: human judgment, usually best used when little data is available
• Simulation: the use of computer models or judgment to imitate customer behavior
• Causal: used when there is a direct tie between demand and an environmental factor, such as cold weather
• Time series: the use of historical data to predict future needs
Using course materials and other research, complete the following:
• Identify which forecasting technique or multiple techniques should be used in the future for the company’s strategy. Are there other techniques available that are
not listed above?
• Explain the technique you identify, and give an example of how it is used in the manufacturing, retail, and health care industries.
• Detail if 1 of the 4 techniques listed above should NOT be used and why.
• Evaluate the significance of forecasting error for the technique or techniques you have selected. What is the impact of error on your chosen technique?
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂