Use following links to answer questions:
Discussion 2 Questions:
- After reviewing the discussion resources, list three things you learned from them (or consider important) and
explain why each one is important.
- What is your opinion about a fatality review team approach?
- Why do you think murder suicide is so common in domestic violence situations? Explain.
- Based on the theoretical profiles in Chapter 4, what do you think is the most valid theory to explain domestic
violence AND describe/analyze its relationship to risk and response? Be sure to explain why.
- Do you think domestic violence calls are dangerous to police officers? Support your opinion.
o If so, list three factors that make it dangerous and explain why.
o Is domestic violence dangerous to the community?
- Call to Action: One important step in confronting domestic violence is dispelling myths and false beliefs
about it. In that spirit, share with someone at least one thing you have learned in this class. While only one
small step in confronting this problem, it can make a difference.
o Based on what you have learned so far in this class, what is the ONE thing you would share with others
about domestic violence. Why?
- Hot Off the Press: Many of you may have seen this ASU email profiling a digital planning tool related to
domestic violence. (Review article 1 attached.)
o What is your opinion of this new tool?
o List at least one advantage and one disadvantage.
o Do you think it can reduce risk to the victim? Explain.