Answer each question separately. DO NOT tie in the questions with each other. Again, answer each question on its own, in about a paragraph’s worth.
1) How are graded potentials (for example, EPSPs and/or IPSPs) generated at dendrites and/or cell bodies of neurons?
2) What is the functional significance of spatial and temporal summation being performed by axon hillocks of neurons?
3) How are action potentials generated at axon hillocks and propagated along unmyelinated axons?
4) How are action potentials generated at axon hillocks and propagated along myelinated axons?
5) What are the mechanisms underlying/mediating the release of neurotransmitters by axon terminals?
6) What are the mechanisms by which the gate-control theory modulates nociceptive/noxious signals?
7) What are the mechanisms by which the endogenous analgesia systems modulate nociceptive (or noxious) signals?