Risk assessment project
• this paper, you will address the Egyptian Strategy for the Suez Crisis.
• Also review Harry R. Yarger’s monograph “Strategic Theory for the 21st Century: The Little Book on Big Strategy”
• You may not discuss this assignment with anyone other than a DDE faculty member or your academic advisor.
• Your answers will be typed; use Times New Roman 11-pitch font and one-inch margins.
• Type your answers directly into the spaces provided. Your paper should be approximately two pages (single-spaced) and follow the format provided below.
• You may use parenthetical citations, endnotes, or footnotes.
• You do not have to submit a CGSC 1009w writing evaluation form with this assignment.
You will address the risk assessment of the Egyptian Strategy in the Suez Crisis.
1. [BLUF] Provide a one-sentence summary of your risk assessment. [5 points]
2. Ends-Ways-Means Matrices.
The purpose of the matrices is to summarize/bulletize your analysis of E-W-M and provide basis for your risk analysis below. Each matrix should be no more than ½ page.
The matrices demonstrate how to link ends to specific ways and specific means for the Egyptian Strategy. For each matrix, you will identify two Ends. For each End, describe two Ways. For each Way, describe one corresponding Mean.
3. Risk Assessment. [Approximately one typed page; 45 points]
Assess the anticipated or unanticipated risks for the Egyptian strategy during the Suez Crisis. You will analyze risk in terms of the risks attendant to the degree of feasibility, acceptability, or suitability of the strategy and why these constitute risks. You will also analyze risk in terms of the imbalances among the various E-W-M of the strategy and why these constitute risks. Write one paragraph for each part.
a) Feasibility [10 points]
b) Acceptability [10 points]
c) Suitability [10 points]
d) Imbalances [15 points]