You have been asked to provide an in-service training for fellow instructors in the learning environment where you work. Create a presentation that provides an introduction to instructional design in which you complete all of the following requirements.
A. Discuss the purpose of using instructional design models to guide instruction.
B. Evaluate the usefulness of two different instructional design models and their related methods for your instructional setting (e.g., a rural elementary school, an urban Title 1 high school; a corporate training environment).
C. Recommend one instructional design model for your instructional setting.
1. Justify the appropriateness of this model for your instructional setting.
2. Include a visual aid that accurately represents all stages or steps of your recommended instructional design model.
D. Create an original lesson plan/instructional plan that uses the instructional design methods of your recommended instructional design model from part C, including the following:
• state core curriculum/student achievement standards, or organizational goals/standards
• a clearly stated objective
• a detailed instructional plan
• a method of assessment
Note: You may use the attached “WGU Lesson Plan Template” for your lesson plan/instructional plan in part B if it is applicable to your chosen design model.
1. Describe how all stages or steps of the recommended instructional design model influenced the lesson planlesson plan/instructional plan design process.
E. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in an assessment, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the assessment.
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. For tips on using APA style, please refer to the APA Handout web link included in the APA Guidelines section.