Complete and submit the Portfolio Paper no later than Saturday at 11:59 pm central time. Earlier submissions are encouraged. Your Portfolio Paper should concern a major MANAGERIAL DECISION AREA that would be made within a firm. It is suggested but not necessary that this decision area would be one in which you have personal experience. Some examples would include: (1) Starting a new business or entering a new market; (2) Hiring part-time workers rather than full time to handle an increase in demand for the company’s product; (3) Outsourcing work versus doing it “in-house;” (4) Negotiating labor or supplier contracts; (5) Developing either a personal or departmental budget and then controlling toward it; (6) Purchasing versus leasing machinery; and (7) Phasing out a product or moving out of a market. Note these are only a few examples, but I would like to see your topic selection posted on the discussion board by the Wednesday of Unit two.
· A minimum of 10 pages not to exceed 15, typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman 12 pt font, using APA standard
· Title page, including title of paper, your name, course name and course number, date of submission (Page 1)
· A minimum of 8 pages including a summary of your understanding of the biblical implications for the topic. (Pages 2-10)
· A reference page (Pages 11-12)
· A minimum of 10 references are required, including the text, The Holy Bible, books and articles from academic sources (Net Library), and other periodicals.
Thomas, C.R., and Maurice, S.C. (2013), Managerial Economics –Foundations of Business Analysis and Strategy, (11th ed.), New York, McGraw-Hill, Irwin ISBN: 978-0078021718.