Case Questions: Fleet Bank
- Briefly outline the problems experienced at Fleet (do not analyze, just outline issues).
- The case states that “the increase in involuntary turnover then provoked higher levels of voluntary turnover, perhaps because the remaining employees began to worry about their own job security.” What is voluntary and involuntary turnover? Is this statement accurate? What are the bases for it?
- To get at the cause of the issues, Fleet took a stab at “modeling drivers of turnover.” What does “modeling” mean”? What is a “model”?
- Related to the above, how does one create a model? How does one know that his/her model is accurate?
- Fleet states that they recognized “keys to retention.” Is it possible that other keys are also important? How does one discover them?