Jose is a 55-year-old Hispanic, male, migrant worker who speaks limited English. He presented to the
emergency room with complaints of edema of the scrotum, urinary retention, and hematuria. He does not have
any pertinent past medical history. He is married and has five young children. He states he has been having
problems for a while but delayed seeing the doctor because of his work schedule and limited money. The
doctor performs a digital rectal examination in the office and finds that Jose’s prostate is enlarged.
Male reproductive disorders can make a great impact on the patient’s life. Based on the case study, answer the
following questions in your discussion post.
1-Discuss the potential disease processes and signs and symptoms related to the disease process that Jose
may be exhibiting?
2-How would you provide multidimensional care to include cultural, psychosocial, spiritual, physical, and
emotional needs for Jose?
Callahan, J. R. (2009). Emerging biological threats: A reference guide. ProQuest Ebook. (Chapter 5).
To access this article please click on the link below from the Nova Southeastern Library.
https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/novasoutheastern/detail.action?docID=494962 (Links to an external site.)
Discussion Question: Plant Diseases (10 points)
The unit reading plants are susceptible to various naturally occurring diseases in the form of viruses, bacteria and fungi. If a terrorist were to introduce a “weaponized” disease into the United States,
could this cause a catastrophic agricultural event?
Is there a particular crop which could prove devastating to the United States’ food production and economy?
What would those results look like?
Has this been attempted yet?
Imagine you had a clinical rotation as an advanced practice nurse (if you have not).
Research what APRN nurses would do at clinical rotation such as assisting family medicine doctor by triaging patient, assisting in prescribing meds, educating, helping with procedure same thing goes with peds and OB Gyn such as pap smear procedure IUD insertion and prental care.
Just answer these with 1-2 paragraphs and 2 sources each. In red I wrote some suggestions for answers but feel free to write whatever you want. Thanks!
1.- What is the main neurotransmitter linked to Schizophrenia? (Its Dopamine)
- 2) What alternative treatments are available for treatment resistant Schizophrenia? (Just write a quick blurb about Clozapine)
- What are the primary differences in ODD and Conduct disorder?
- Is Conduct disorder a precursor for Antisocial Personality Disorder?
- Name one treatment you recommend for ADHD in children and why? (Strattera because it’s a not controlled substance and not a stimulant)
- Name one psychiatric disorder that has similar symptoms as MDD in children.
Respond to BOTH of the following two Scenarios:
Angie woke up Saturday morning in the mood for donuts. She decided to treat herself to Krispy Kreme after having worked hard all week. As she drove to the restaurant, she thought about what kind of donut she would have… would it be cream filled, jelly donut, coconut covered or blueberry cake? Once she arrived, she couldn’t make a decision about which kind of donut to choose. She decided to order a dozen, consisting of all of her favorites. After all, she could eat some of them tomorrow morning and perhaps the next morning as well. Once she got the donuts home, she couldn’t decide which to eat. So, she ate the coconut covered, then the cream filled. She then decided to eat the jelly filled as well. After a while she had eaten the entire box of donuts. Although she enjoyed eating all of the donuts, she felt sick afterwards and not just sick at her stomach. She knew she shouldn’t have eaten a dozen donuts by herself. She had extreme guilt and was disgusted with herself because she knew that this was not the first time. No, this happens often. Whenever it happens, she tells herself that this will be the last time. But, it never is.
Angie may very well be dealing with an eating disorder.
• Develop a hypothesis about the specific eating disorder Angie may be suffering from and describe the characteristics of that disorder.
• In what way might Angie’s behaviors meet the criteria for the disorder chosen? Use details from the scenario to support your answer.
• What would need to be assessed further before diagnosing Angie with this disorder?
Usually people have a positive first impression of Trevor. He is attractive, well dressed and charming. But, people who know Trevor well know otherwise. When Trevor was 14, he was caught many times vandalizing property, bullying other boys, and arrested twice for shoplifting. He always thought that people were making a bigger deal out of his behavior than was necessary. Now as an adult with a family, he has been unable to keep a job for more than a few months. His wife keeps the finances as she knows that he is irresponsible with money.
Trevor may very well be dealing with a personality disorder.
• Develop a hypothesis about a specific personality disorder Trevor might be suffering from, and describe the characteristics of that disorder.
• In what way might Trevor’s behaviors meet the criteria for the disorder chosen? Use details from the scenario to support your answer.
• What would need to be assessed further before diagnosing Trevor with this disorder?
Choose any 3 of the following random variable probability distributions to investigate:
Complete the following for your PDF write up document. Copy and paste THE NUMBERED PROMPTS into your write up document so that it is clear which prompt you are responding to.
1) Perform an internet search and find a real life application where calculating probabilities using each of your 3 distribution choices is useful for problem solving. include the hyperlink and title of the source location for each of the 3 choices. Label so it is clear which source goes with which probability distribution.
2) In 4-6 sentences, describe the application (one description for each of your choices… so there should be 3 separate application descriptions presented in your writeup ) and how the probability results are being used to inform decision makers. CLEARLY label for which probability distribution that you are providing a sample application response for.
List each level of Bloom’s Taxonomy with a real world example of each. These examples should relate back to your own personal past life experiences. Please explain each of your examples and list them from lowest (Remembering) to highest (Creating). The levels can be found on your PowerPoint.