Understanding the strengths of each type of therapy and which type of therapy is most appropriate for each patient is an essential skill of the psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner. In this Assignment, you will compare humanistic-existential therapy to another psychotherapeutic approach. You will identify the strengths and challenges of each approach and describe expected potential outcomes.
• Review the humanistic-existential psychotherapy video
• Select another psychotherapeutic approach to compare with humanistic-existential psychotherapy. The approach you choose may be one you previously explored in the course or one you are familiar with and especially interested in.
In a 3-page paper, address the following:
• Briefly describe humanistic-existential psychotherapy and the second approach you selected.
• Explain at least three differences between these therapies. Include how these differences might impact your practice as a PMHNP.
• Focusing on the video you viewed, (see link above) explain why humanistic-existential psychotherapy was utilized with the patient in the video and why it was the treatment of choice. Describe the expected potential outcome if the second approach had been used with the patient.