Goal: Student will be able to analyze the Cold War policy of Containment to create a persuasive argument.
Requirements to note: (Lacking any of these will result in your project being reassigned)
- You must have an introduction and a conclusion and body (so at least 3 paragraphs but you can have more.)
- Your writing must be a minimum of 400-600 words
- You must have a minimum of two different sources
- You must have a minimum of two in-text citations (parentheses or direct quote)
- You must cite your sources in correct MLA format on a Works Cited page (even sources from AOA lessons)
- This is not an optional project, failure to complete it will result in your course being blocked until it is done.
- This project is worth 40% of your unit grade. You cannot work ahead of it. It must be completed to move on.
Many Americans have questioned whether fighting a full-scale war against China or a war of containment was
the best policy for fighting the Korean War. Research how President Truman and General MacArthur differed
over strategy in fighting the Korean War.
Decide who had the best strategy and write a 400-600 word letter using one of the following options.
Remember, you are trying to persuade. Focus on the positives of the plan. Use historical detail from your
research to help back up your argument. Make sure to included very specific details to convince your audience
(the person who reads your letter or diary) that you are “in the right.