• Prepare to attend the live session(s) this week by completing your unit readings on Ecosystemic Play Therapy. Summarize the theoretical approach in a 300–600-word
discussion post, addressing the following:
• Name the original developer or developers of the theory.
• Describe how the theory frames problems in living and psychopathology identifying elements of this that are unique to this approach (versus applicable also to other
approaches—though note of commonalities might also be indicated).
• Describe how this theory uniquely supports personal development, treatment goals, and interventions.
• Provide personal anecdotes that demonstrate or support the theory in action in life (not necessarily in a counseling setting); the more playful the anecdote, the
• Propose a simple and creative learning activity that models some unique quality or idea of this therapy approach and theory, such that it will help explain this
theory to your peers.
• Describe what surprised, pleased, and/or disturbed you about this theory and how you imagine it being applied (or noted its application in the case studies of Jason
or Cassie in your text).
• Address one of the following:
o How does this theory uniquely frame the etiology of problems in living? How does the case study (Cassie, Jason, or some other case model you have considered)
o How does the theory assist in generating therapy goals that are consistent with the theory?
o What are two interventions that are consistent with this theory? Note how one might be applied in a treatment setting congruent with this approach.
For the purpose of this discussion post, it is acceptable to use bulleted text.
Badenoch, B. (2008). Being a brain-wise therapist: A practical guide to interpersonal neurobiology. New York, NY: W. W. Norton & Company. ISBN: 9780393705546.
Giordano, M. A., Landreth, G., & Jones, L. (2005). A practical handbook for building the play therapy relationship. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield. ISBN:
O’Connor, K. J., & Braverman, L. D. (2009). Play therapy theory and practice: Comparing theories and techniques (2nd ed.). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley. ISBN: 9780470122365.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂