Learning an Operational Delivery Process
It should be a maximum of 1,500 words. Your word count is from the introduction to conclusion sections. Therefore, it does not include title page, contents page, reference section, appendices etc.
* Presentation Criteria
Your assignment will be presented in report format, being clearly structured using numbered headings, sub-headings etc. It is not necessary to include an executive summary at the beginning of the report. Your assignment should be presented using Times New Roman (TNR) 12 font, 1.5 line spacing
You must endeavour to use theory explicitly at all stages, but do not spend too much time describing a theory. While you must be explicit about the theories, models, techniques etc. that you use, you can assume that the reader is familiar with them. What the reader requires is evidence of your ability to understand and apply the theory, and learn from in order to support the development of
your findings and/or ideas.
You must cite all sources on which you have relied, for example textbooks, journal articles, web pages etc. using the Harvard Bibliographic referencing system. If you do not cite all sources, then you may be accused of plagiarism, and that may endanger your success in passing the module. If you are in any doubt about how to reference your work, please obtain guidance from the library and/or your academic librarian(s) for this module.
Please do use diagrams, illustrations, tables, graphics etc. wherever these are helpful, and remember that these do not count towards your word limit. If you do use these, please do not put them in the appendices if they are part of your discussion. Appendices are the appropriate places to put supporting material, however, remember if the reader is satisfied with the main points of your discussion; the supporting information within the appendices may not even be reviewed.
Learning Outcomes (from module specification) for this assignment.
??Intended Learning Outcomes
Knowledge and Understanding
1. Recognise the role of Operations Management in contributing
to the realisation of organisational objectives in a competitive
2. Utilise a range of tools and techniques in order to aid decision-
making in complex and unpredictable contexts across a range of business sectors.
Transferable/Key Skills and other Attributes
7. Plan and manage time effectively by organising their own work,
monitoring their own progress and meeting targets.
8. Apply problem solving skills in specific areas of Operations
9. Undertake advanced information searching from a range of
10.Effectively communicate information, arguments and analysis
in a variety of forms to specialist and non-specialist audiences using a range of media.
?Operations Management (OM) is an important aspect of business (Slack et al, 2010; Greasely, 2013; Patton et al, 2011). Both service and manufacturing organisations use OM to ensure they are competitive and assist in providing and maintaining good levels of customer service (Johnson et al, 2012). Developing an Operational Delivery Process (ODP) of an organisations working can be advantageous both for both the customer and organisation (Bamford and Forrester, 2010). Subsequently, once an ODP has been developed and understood it should be possible to determine why it works well, or not well, and to recommend possible production related improvements that will assist both parties concerned.
?? Bamford, D R and Forrester, P L (2010). Essential guide to Operations Management: concepts and case notes. John Wiley.
? Greasley A (2013). Operations Management, Third Edition, John Wiley. ISBN 978-1-11997-854-1.
? Johnston R; Clark, G and Schulver, M (2012) Service Operations Management: Improving Service Delivery, Fourth Edition, Pearson. ISBN 978-0273740483.
? Slack N, Chambers S and Johnston R (2010). Operations Management, Sixth Edition. Financial Times/Prentice Hall. ISBN 978- 0-27373-047-7.
? Patton, S; Clegg, B; Hsuan, J and Pilkington, A (2011). Operations Management. McGraw Hill. ISBN 978-0-0771-2617-9.
In this assignment describe and analyse an operation (service or manufacturing based) with which you are familiar, for example: a shop, restaurant, transport system, doctor’s surgery are possible examples. Your assignment should address the following questions:
1. How the inventories and assets of the organisation currently are managed? Give brief reasoning on why this might be good, bad, both or indifferent. (15)
2. Clearly identify the Operational Delivery Process for your organisation/case in the form of a detailed illustration. (15)
3. From the illustration, in point two indicate where the organisation’s delivery system may fail to align between its performance objectives and clearly demonstrating your understanding behind this reasoning. (30)
4. Discuss how a lean approach could be utilised by your organisation/case in an attempt to improve alignment of its performance objectives discussed in point 3. Again, clearly demonstrating your understanding behind this reasoning. (30)
5. Draw two key conclusions from your work discussing the extent to which your organisation/case could achieve alignment between its performance objectives and potentially improve the overall ODP. (10)
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂