CLO #1: Identify Information Systems Development’s problems and describe the project lifecycles and the System Development Life Cycle stages.
CLO #2: Apply Model System Requirements, Processes (DFDs), and Data (ERDs) of an information system.
CLO #3: Develop the project management, and Perform a feasibility study.
CLO #4: Analyze system requirements and user requirements and Apply fact-finding techniques.
CLO #5: Apply object oriented concept and its models to Create UML diagrams in holding information system requirements.
For details of marking scheme, refer to Rubrics # ACA/F11.05
Note: This Project accounts for 40% of the Student Final Grade.
- You are required to accomplish your work in group including maximum 3 students.
- The required tasks should be documented in a report using MS-Word.
- The group project report should include your answers to the required tasks.
- A soft copy of the PowerPoint Presentation must be submitted to the Moodle Website.
- The soft copy of the Report Word should be uploaded to the Turnitin Moodle Website.
Each group of students should follow and achieve the following tasks:
This project aims at assessing students on the concepts and methods used in object-oriented system development including problem identification, object oriented concepts and tools in problem solving, modeling, system analysis and design.
The goal is to develop information systems using object-oriented system analysis and design techniques such as UML Activity, Class and Sequence diagrams. The required diagrams should be achieved using Visio software. For this purpose, you are asked to complete the following tasks:
Note: students are not allowed to use any example / case study from the class or lab exercises already done, but they should suggest another different business scenario with different UML diagrams.
Task 1: (05 marks)
Choose an example of a real-life company such as Airport, University, Hospital, Travel Agency, etc. Then, describe the business scenario of this company useful to analyze and design its information system.
Task 2: (05 marks)
- Analyze and discuss the functional, non-functional and usability requirements of the proposed system. (3 marks)
- Detail some fact-finding techniques such as interviews, document review, observation, surveys, questionnaires, sampling and research useful in the proposed company business process. (2 marks)
Task 3: (15 marks)
Create the following UML Diagrams corresponding to the business scenario described in Task 1:
- Activity Diagrams: They show the sequence of activities in a process, including sequential and parallel activities, and decisions that are made. (5 marks)
- Class Diagrams: They show the static features of the system and do not represent any particular processing. They express the nature of the relationships between classes. They display data storage requirements as well as processing requirements. (5 marks)
- Sequence Diagrams: They illustrate a succession of interactions between classes or object instances over time. (5 marks)
Task 4: Project Report
Edit your project report including at least 15 pages. The latter should contain:
- The project cover page;
- Table of contents;
- Detail of all project tasks;
- Conclusion and future work;
- Bibliography and Netography.
The assessment of your project report will be based on the following criteria:
- Quality of analysis.
- Accuracy of concepts/theories used.
- General organization of the project.
- Variety of references.
- Spelling and grammar.
Task 5: Project Presentation (15 marks)
Each group of students should present their work in front of their classmates.
The assessment of your project presentation will be based on the following criteria:
- Accuracy of the presentation.
- Presentation skills.
- Quality of discussion of each student in the group.