This assignment explores using raw data to calculate z-scores and the area under the normal curve associated
with those scores.
-Step 1: Answer the following questions:
Use the Standard Normal Distribution Table for reference. Draw a graph and shade the appropriate region.
Calculate the z score for each datum. Determine who did better on her respective test, Tonya or Lisa.
Student English Test Grade z-Score Student Math Test Grade z-Score
John 82 Jim 81
Julie 88 Jordan 85
Samuel 90 Saye 79
Tonya 86 Lisa 82
St. Dev. 3.42 2.50
Given the above information, predict the raw score for a student whose z-score in the Math test is .98.
- Find the area between z= -1.15 and z = – 1.35.
- Find the area between z = -.35 and z = .35.
- Find the area between z = 1.05 and z = 1.55.
- Find the area beyond z = 1.30.
- Find the z-score such that the area to the left is 0.7123.
- Find the z-score such that the area to the right is 0.9788