espond to the following questions.
- As the title of the chapter implies, what is the legacy of Duchamp, and why was he an important artist? How did Duchamp’s work deviate from that of
Abstract Expressionism and the notion of what the art critic Clement Greenberg espoused as purity and aesthetic distance in art? How has Duchamp’s
legacy been taken up by contemporary artists?
- What does the author of the chapter mean by masculinity in Abstract Expressionism? Provide some artwork examples.
- What position did women have within the Abstract Expressionist movement?
- How did the work of Rauschenberg and Johns also depart from the “formalism” of Abstract Expressionism? What artistic contributions did they make?
Describe artwork examples.
- What did you learn from reading this chapter? …