The period from Reconstruction through widespread industrialization in the Western United States (approximate time period: 1865-1900.)
1. Identify two (2) major historical turning points in the period under discussion.
2. Analyze the impact of the two (2) major historical turning points on America’s current society, economy, politics, and culture.
3. Describe at least two (2) ways the Reconstruction period may have been different if President Lincoln had not been assassinated.
4. Explain how industrialization and urbanization affected the life of the average working American during the period.
5. Give at least two (2) examples of how the federal and/or state courts and legislatures handed down decisions or passed laws during the period that served to discriminate against non-white citizens and immigrants.