In this lab we are going to review information regarding the structure, mode of infection, the body’s response and drug and vaccine interventions for the SARS-CoV-2 virus commonly referred to as the Covid-19 Virus.
Students should be familiar with concepts in the following chapters
- Chapter 3 Organic Molecules of Life
- Chapter 4 Inside the Cell
- Chapter 5 The Dynamic Cell
- Chapter 11 DNA Biology
- Read the Scientific American article “ “Inside the Coronavirus”. This article has several interactive segments. Complete them, take notes as you are reading the article and complete the package below.
Anatomy of the SARS-CoV-2 virus
• What is the size of the SARS-CoV-2 virus?
• What do the terms SARS-CoV-2 and Covid-19 mean?
• Why should the SARS-CoV-2 not be considered a cell?